Aston Martin DB2/4 DHC
This beautiful Aston Martin DB2/4 DHC was delivered new to Mr Tanner in 1954. The original licence plate was KBU 466. This licence plate is still present with the car, which is incredible!
LML/780 remained in the Tanner family until 1988.
At that time Mr Wrather acquired the car and kept it until 1995. The car had 66,000 miles on it at that time.
The next owner was Jon Deakin. He only kept the car from 1995 to 1997.
After that, Mr Cakebread bought the car. According to the various technical checks, he only drove the car for 1000 miles until 1999, when he sold it to a German. This was the first time the car had an owner outside the UK!
The German owner decided to completely dismantle the car and strip the body down to bare metal and have it completely repainted.
A considerable amount of invoices show that Mr Veltrup’s has maintained the car very well.
The current owner bought the car in 2014 from Mr Veltrup. Recently the front suspensions have been replaced and the car has undergone a full mechanical overhaul.
LML/780 is obviously still with its original engine as evidenced by the Build sheet and the Heritage Trust Certificate.
DB2/4 Drophead Coupe
VB6J – 2.9L
VB6J Engine – 140 BHP